Psychological Assessment and Diagnosis
Commonly used Psychometric tests:
Depending on the age group and requirement of the individual, following tests are used:
Aptitude Tests: are the ability tests which bring out the individual’s mental capabilities depicted in the individual’s abstract reasoning, verbal reasoning, spatial reasoning, mechanical reasoning and numerical abilities.
Intelligence Test: are psychological tests that are designed to measure a variety of mental functions, such as reasoning, comprehension, and judgment; results show the range in which an individual’s cognitive abilities lie.
Tests for cognitive abilities such as: Attention, Memory, Auditory and visual processing, Language skills, Planning ability, Eye-hand co-ordination, Verbal reasoning, Perceptual and Spatial skills
Personality Tests: depict various dimensions portraying the characteristic way in which a person behaves. Test includes: Rorschach Inkblot Test, TAT, MMPI, EPQ, 16PF
Educational tests measure academic skills such as: Reading, Written expression, Spelling, Mathematics, Academic fluency (speed of reading, writing and calculating), Listening comprehension, Oral expressive skills
Adaptive Test assesses abilities in four major domains:
- Communication skills (skills required for expressive, receptive and written language skills)
- Daily Living skills (practical skills needed to take care of oneself and contribute to a household)
- Social skills (skills needed to get along with others, regulate emotions and behaviour as well as skills involved in leisure activities such as play).
- Motor Skills (fine and gross motor skills)
We offer comprehensive assessments for:
- School readiness
- Learning difficulties
- Developmental delay
- Intellectual disabilities
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)